HS/MS Girl’s Running Camp
Join us, for a week of overnight camp in the beautiful Rocky Mountains above Boulder, Co. Return home empowered, inspired and strengthened! Choosing this camp is a choice to embrace your talent, your strength and your desire to be the best you can be; to bridge the gap between dreaming and doing. Find the edge you are looking for, to access your full potential as a runner, by rediscovering your
Passion – Courage – Commitment and Resilience
For girls ages 13-18
Monday, June 26 – Sun, July 2 2017
Location: Nederland, Co.
Registration: Please fill out the on-line REGISTRATION FORM ->
Strengthen your running soul with friends, fun and challenge in the beauty of the Rocky Mountains:
- Build endurance and strength running trails in and around Nederland, Co.
- Learn how to Eat to win, with expert nutrition education and delicious, wholesome, home-cooked meals.
- Learn recovery techniques for the body and positive thinking techniques for the mind, for a sustainable running career.
- Gain body awareness for efficient and fast running, through lessons on form and flexibility.
- Build a positive body image to support your competitive fire, using the nationally recognized Body Project as our discussion guide.
- Train your brain for racing success through visualization.
- Fun camp activities: Scavenger hunt, skits, “Make Yourself The Heroine” mural creation; inter-camp trail race and team challenge day.
- Chill-out on the deck/in the hot tub or hammock, looking over the Continental Divide.
- Make lifelong friends, have fun and get ready for your best XC season yet!
Collegiate Counselors to guide you:
- Isabelle Kennedy (Fairview HS/Boston College)
- Katie Lyons (Greeley West/Western State College)
- Julia Jaschke (Kent Denver/Middlebury College)
- Paige Stoner (Syracuse)
“ Melody is an inspiring, driven, and positive person and as a guide, coach and mentor, had an amazing impact on my career. She taught me not only how to overcome obstacles, but how to face them with courage. In the face of adversity, Melody constantly reminded me to “Soar High,” allowing me to clearly see the big picture while remaining in the moment. Thanks to Melody, I found myself soaring higher than I ever had and I owe much of my success to her.” – Jordyn Coulter – Colorado State 800m, 1600m champion and state record holder, National Gatorade Player of the Year and current NCAA Div I Student-Athlete
“Melody fosters an environment at camp in which I immediately felt at home. She approaches the sport with a reverence and respect not just for the physical challenges it poses, but for the internal, mental strength it demands. She seeks to support and strengthen the soul of the runner by giving each girl access to new ways of thinking about her inner resources: her strength, talent, desire, competitiveness, vision and gratitude for the ability to put on her running shoes each day. As a result, I left Melody’s camp energized, excited and eager to lace up my shoes for any challenge the sport may throw my way. Her ability to support young female athletes is exceptional and rare.” – Isabelle Kennedy; former camper, current NCAA Div I student-athlete.
Youth Running Club for Kids 7-14*
Developing Resilient, Courageous and Committed runners, our strong TEAM CULTURE grows a deep love for running and respect for self and others. Competitive, fun age-group teams.
- Fall Cross Country*
- Bolder Boulder 10K Training
- Summer track
**Attention all current BVSD Middle School XC participants: We Want YOU! It is not a problem to miss BMW’s first three practices, by fulfilling your commitment to your school program, through 9/19. Come on out on 9/20! Call if you have questions: 303-818-8063
Registration OPEN for Fall Cross Country:
Scroll up to menu bar, click on “Programs/Register” then select “Fall Cross Country”
Season begins Monday, September 11 and ends December 9.
To compete through the State Championship on 11/4, Membership in USATF is required. Register here for USATF membership. Affiliate as a Boulder Mountain Warrior. Club #0402
** Don’t miss our popular team building retreat in Nederland, November 10-12 ($200.00)
Practices: Monday & Wednesday 4:15 – 5:15 p.m.
Location: Pavilion at Viele Lake, next to South Boulder Rec Center (map)
Regular Meets: 9/17, 9/30, 10/7, 10/14
State: 11/4 (location TBA)
Regional: 11/18 (El Paso, Tx.)
National: 12/9 (Tallahassee, Fl.).
*Qualification for State and Regional championships is not required, but participation in ALL three championship races is, in order to advance to any.
To earn a berth to the National Championship: be a top 30 individual, or on a top 5 team.
Program Cost: $350 + Uniform and Race entry fees.
To register for USATF membership go to www.usatf.org; and sign up as a Boulder Mountain Warrior. Club #0402. Membership in USATF is required to be able to compete for our Boulder Mountain Warriors Teams and have a chance to score as a team.
Questions? Contact Melody
For additional questions, please